Creating an App that Runs Until Stopped
The root user must first create a registry that you specify when creating the app.
- Click , then click Develop.
- Click Create an app.
- Under App Info, do the following to describe your app:
- Enter a Name.
- Select an Icon and Color.
- [Optional] Enter a description.You can use plain text or GitHub Markdown, and add images using GitHub Markdown or HTML.
- [Optional] Enter a tag name for filtering.You can enter multiple tag names. Tags are used to filter apps and scripts in the Browse pane.
- Click Advanced, then select Keep running until stopped.
- Accept the default Memory and Processors values. NoteOnce you save App Info, you cannot change the app type from Keep running until stopped to Run once /run on schedule.Teradata recommends that you change the Memory and Processors values only if you encounter errors that indicate limited resources.
- Click Save.
- Under App Container, do the following to set up the registry from which AppCenter pulls the Docker image:
- Select the registry.
- Enter the Docker Image name and Tag.
- [Optional]Click Optional, and enter the Path.
- If the Docker image is password-protected, click Optional, and enter the user credentials.
- [Optional] Click Optional, and enter your Email.
- Click Continue.If the Docker image includes environment variables, AppCenter automatically adds them to App Configuration.
- Under App Configuration, do any of following to configure parameters and settings for this app:
Option Action Remove parameters automatically added
- Click , then click .
Edit parameters automatically added
- Click , choose the desired settings, then click Save and Continue.
Add new parameters
- Click , then click Add Field.
- Enter a name, select a type, then choose the desired settings.
If you select Upload as the type, AppCenter prompts you to upload the parameters file when you execute a job for this app.
- Click Save and Continue.
- [Optional] Under App Permissions, do the following to control who can manage the app:
- To add a Manager, enter the user or group name, then press Enter.Repeat this step to add more users and groups.
- Click Save & Continue.
- To add a Manager, enter the user or group name, then press Enter.
- Select one of the following options to view or run the app:
Option Description VIEW APP Opens the app overview. Start app Executes a job for this app.If an app parameter is missing a Type setting in App Configuration, job execution is disabled until you select a type.